Out of this world VEGAN Eggplant Panini's
If you're a panini lover like myself, you will always be searching for new ideas to make the average sandwich not so boring.... WELL search no further because I have the perfect solution. These vegan eggplant panini's will leave your mouth watering.
3 Sicilian Eggplants,
1tbls dijon mustard
2 tbls veganaise
1/4 cup grape seed oil
1 cup italian style breadcrumbs (they come pre seasoned = time saver)
2 cups cherry tomatoes
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 cup grape seed oil
pinch of crushed chilli flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.
2. Cut the eggplant lengthwise and relatively thin so that they cook quickly.
3. Mix together dijon mustard, veganise, grape seed oil and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Brush this mixture lightly over each side of the eggplant.
5. Coat each piece of eggplant with the breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with grape seed oil.
6. Bake for 20-25 min or until golden brown
For the sauce
1. Heat a medium sized sauce pan with grape seed oil.
2. Add minced garlic , scallion and chili flakes (DO NOT LET GARLIC BURN)
3. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the pan.
4. Let all this saute for 15 min on medium heat.
1. With a fresh bun, add a layer of sauce to each side, load up with golden crispy eggplant.
2. Grill on a hot panini press for 2 min
3. Serve with some olives et Voila..... Enjoy